The IRIS NRC awards up to $1,000 to undergraduate students for the best paper/s and projects during the academic year on trans-regional topics.
You must be currently enrolled as an undergraduate student at the UW-Madison.
The paper must be/have been submitted to fulfill a UW-Madison course or thesis requirement during the 2020-2021 academic year (Fall 2020 & Spring 2021 terms).
Submissions must substantially address issues related to a trans-regional focus.
LANGUAGE & LENGTH REQUIREMENTS
- Submissions must be in English
- No length requirement
- Multimedia projects accepted
Awards will be disbursed through the Bursar’s scholarship system before the end of the current academic year.
All Academic Year 2020-2021 entries must be submitted by 2pm on Friday, May 7, 2021. Late submissions will not be accepted. No exceptions.
HOW TO SUBMIT A PAPER
To submit a paper/project, send the following by email as a single pdf document to the IRIS Awards Office, email@example.com.
1. Cover page including all the following information:
- UW email address
- Campus ID number
- Anticipated graduation date
- Center to which you are submitting
- Title of your paper
- Course name and number and term taken (or indicate thesis & degree program)
- Name & email address of course instructor (or thesis advisor)
- Word count of submission (including footnotes and bibliography)
- 100 word abstract of paper and its significance
2. The paper itself